When I go tag surfing, I search for good ideas to make dinner a creative adventure. I never look for the perfect recipe, some times I find it sometimes I don’t. I also tend to visit sites that have given me prior success or where there is feedback from the recipe creator.
The Italian Vegetable soup was a great idea well executed and as I was surfing, I glossed over the Chicken salsa recipe because I didn’t like the texture of the sauce in the picture. It wasn’t until the positive feedback that I read the ingredients and knew I liked them all so I’d give it a try with a couple of little twists. First there was the oz of Cruzan Gold Rum to tenderize and purify the chicken. Then, since I like beans, I decided to add red beans to the pot to break up the smooth appearance of the gravy. And the meal just begged to be served over a bed of white rice.
Recipe and Ingredients:
2 chicken legs
1 oz Cruzan Gold Rum
1/2 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 C. salsa
1 T. cornstarch in 2 oz water
2 T light sour cream
1 can red beans
1. Place the chicken in the crockpot with rum
2. Sprinkle the chicken with the 1/2 package taco seasoning and top with salsa. (See Tips Page for splitting a package in half.) Add Can of Beans
3. Cook on coffeepot hot tray 6-8 hours.
4. Start making rice on the stovetop
5. Remove chicken from crockpot.
6. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 oz of water and stir into the salsa mixture.
7.Stir in the sour cream and heat a few minutes until thickened.
8. Serve sauce and beans over rice and put more sauce on chicken.
The recipe is so straight forward and the method so exact, that the above is as close to plagiarism as I care to get.
But once again thank you FaithfulFoodie for an easy recipe, easy to follow directions and a great meal.