While I don’t as a habit buy red meat, it is not really a major health issue with me and I will eat it if served, especially if well cooked. When I visit my Daughter and son-in-law, I tend to eat more meat in a week than I would at home in a month. My daughter Dagny is an excellent cook and she uses her crockpot to cut down on evening cooking time. When I visited, she had me make a pulled pork which was melt in your moth delicious and nothing could be easier. Essentially you slow cook the pork and onions then poor off the juices, shred the meat and add back a red sauce mixture of your choice.
Of course I liked the meal and decided to try the same concept with pulled chicken. Since I didn’t really remember what she had me do for the red sauce, I decided to use my home made BBQ sauce that I had used on the Sloppy Joe.
1 T olive oil
1 medium onion rough cut
4 cloves garlic minced
1 piece of chicken breast
1 oz. Rum, white wine or water
½ cup Homemade BBQ sauce
Roll to serve it on
- Add oil, onions and garlic to the pot.
- Add Chicken breast and rum (Some liquid is necessary to promote heat distribution.)
- Cook until tender about 4 to 8 hours. (Whatever is best for your schedule.)
- Remove chicken and shred with forks.
- Poor liquid off onions and garlic. Discard or save for soup base.
- Return chicken to pot, add BBQ sauce and stir until uniform.
- Place on hot plate and reheat.
I normally don’t eat bread, but for this meal, I purchased some delicious onion rolls and made this a treat as I ate two sandwiches.